Prevent & Shorten Colds & Flu
It is that time of year…sniffles, coughs, sneezes can be everywhere! The very best prevention to these ailments is to keep your immune system in shape all year round. Here are a few tips to help you and yours survive the season!
- Handwashing - This cannot be stressed enough. Be sure to use liberal amounts of soap and rub hands for a minimum of 20-30 seconds. Use of hand sanitizer when washing hands is not an option.
- Be sure you are taking Vitamin D3, Vitamin C, Zinc and Probiotics daily.
- Make sure you are getting some daily activity – Our bodies are made to MOVE! This may be a gym work out or it can be as simple as taking a couple 5-10 minute walks a day or some indoor activities that allow the blood to move around your body.
- Skip the sweets – ingesting sugary items can reduce the white blood cell effectiveness by over 1/3, as well as promoting inflammation and disrupting your gut’s good bacteria balance.
- Don’t forget to use a mask – Masks are designed to protect you from those that are sick – as well as preventing spread of illness if you are sick. Please remember to use – keep a few at home and in your car.
- Get your nightly Zzzzzz’s. Your body needs sleep to health and keep the immune system operating at its optimum performance level.
Decrease the duration of a cold or flu:
- Use ILIV’s Viral Paks to enhance your immune system and get rid of any pesky cold or flu!
- Come to ILIV and get a viral-fighting IV – such as high dose Vitamin C or an Immune Booster formulation.
- Stay hydrated – your body must be well hydrated for good overall functioning and effectiveness.
- Use of humidified air – this helps in thinning mucous membranes so take a hot shower, use a humidifier or just boil a pot of water and use a towel over your head to capture the steam and breathe deeply into your lungs.
- Avoid foods such as diary, white sugar, white flour, bread and other gluten foods. All these foods help to form phlegm.
- Get enough sleep – Not enough sleep strains your immune system and inhibits your ability to heal quickly.
Remember that “an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure” and put these tips to use so you and yours can enjoy this time of year without having to have a handkerchief!
Weight Loss Options – Which one is right for you?
January 10, 2015
Is weight loss on your New Year’s Resolution list?
Bariatric surgery, dieting, weight loss pills- which weight loss option is right for you?
Join us as Dr. Parker will discuss some of the most popular weight loss options and sort through the facts and fiction. This is a free talk designed to help you become educated on the options available so that you can make the choice the option that works for you.
Give the Gift of Health for the Holidays
Gift certificates are available for ILIV’s Services! To purchase by phone, call us at 757-226-8880.
From Dr. Parker and
The ILIV staff!