What is Infusion Therapy?
It is a medical modality of introducing therapeutic substances directly into the circulatory system. This process allows for the bypassing of the GI system resulting in enhanced bio-availability. Infusion Therapy is used for many issues ranging from gross deficiencies, situational or chronic illnesses to achieving optimization in a fraction of the time needed for oral supplementation.
What are the Benefits?
Intravenous (IV) vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients can help boost immune function, increase energy levels, and help manage a variety of chronic health problems. IV nutrients are also beneficial as preventive and anti-aging therapies.
Many times an IV solution is the quickest way to jump-start the body’s natural metabolism by supplying the body with essential nutrients. This is why IV therapies are prescribed as a safe and effective method to restore the balance within the body and promote its own healing ability.
What types of substances are in an IV?
Because our practice is based on a personal approach to your care, we customize our IV based on your individual needs. In many cases, a blood test is required to determine your current levels and absorption capacity and these results are used as a guide in preparing your IV.
The most common Intravenous Formulation used at our office are:
- Amino Acids: Since the body does not create them it is essential to add these in one’s supplement regiment.
- Alpha GPC: It is used in treatment and prevention of cognitive disorders and dementias as well as having many other health optimizing effects
- EDTA Chelation: These are administered under strict protocols. Additional additives in the Formula are directed by physician. We also use other chelating agents for heavy metal toxicity.
- Glutathione: It is a powerful combination of three amino acids, L-Cysteine, L-Glutamic Acid, and Glycine and produce the most powerful antioxidant known. It can be found in every cell of the human body and is responsible for aiding in the protection of the cells. It assist with energy, clear thinking, faster recovery, retards aging, reduces waste and toxins, as well as improving immunity.
- Remineralization: This is designed to supplement and replenish a wide array of nutrient stores. This formula is good for general health and optimization to almost any disease state. These are essentials for the body’s day to day functions.
- Vitamin C: This is for helping treat viral and/or bacterial infections. It also is a great antioxidant that supports the entire body, as well as enhancing the Immune System. Vitamin C given in the IV form allows your body to tolerate a much higher does than what you can do orally.
- Personalized IV’s: These are based upon your lab results, clinical issues and put together with Dr. Parker’s medical expertise. It can include amino acids, vitamins, minerals and other nutrients as noted by your personal needs. Many times, Dr. Parker will use an existing Formula and add or delete ingredients for each patients personal. All formulas are made to be easy to infuse and usually will take 1.5 to 3 hours, depending upon each patient’s tolerance. Ingredients can be made available upon request.
In addition to adding nutrients back into the body, these therapies may help to improve the ability of cells to detoxify, repair, and regenerate.
Infusion Therapy can assist many conditions including:
- Viruses - such as The Common Cold
- Bacterial Infections
- Chronic Fatigue
- Detoxification and Cleansing
- Vitamin Deficiencies
- Mineral Deficiencies
- Amino Acid Deficiencies
- Heavy Metal Chelators